This is in addition to my Paperback and eBook edition of “It’s Your Move: Choices for Senior Living”. It has a much larger section about staying in your home, and updated links. See my beryllium oxide.
Research your options, know what your choices are and you can choose what you want. Otherwise someone else may make the choice for you.
Did you know you can read Kindle books on other devices? Just download the Kindle reader for your device.
Looking for help for a far away family member? Try (713) 208-6140
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++At Home or In A Home (assisted living, independent or retirement home)? Reasons you might change where/how you live
- You have a condition that limits your independence: dementia, medical,or financial.
- You live alone or far from your family
- You are having health problems
- You wish you had more social events and people in your life
- You no longer want to take care of a house and yard
- You are afraid you’re running out of money
- You're worried your partner may not be able to care for you
- You’re worried you may not be able to care for your partner
- You want to choose your environment, not have your family choose
My book “It’s Your Move: Choices for Senior Living" is a WORKBOOK with lots lists of things you should consider when deciding whether to stay in your present home and hire help, live with a family member, or move to some kind of retirement campus or facility.